Parents are irreplaceable leaders in the growth of their children. If parents can master a set of effective home training, they can build a solid foundation for their children’s rehabilitation. At the same time, parents face the pressure of teaching their children, which is not something we can imagine. Therefore, it is important to help parents share experiences, support each other, and learn to manage emotions.
Three service providers:
The goal of this parent training program is to target the unique role of parents in their children’s lives and focus on teaching parents the skills. Participants will …
- Improve their understanding of the characteristics of children’s development and autism
- Learn to choose what to focus on based on their priorities
- Understand the role and responsibilities of each stakeholder
- Learn different evidence-based strategies through daily life and naturally-occurring situations to support children’s learning and learning in the family and community.
– Increase your attention
– Improve communication skills and social skills
– Improve cognitive ability
– Reduce problem behavior
- Weekly parent training course
- Group Lecture (Theory + Role Playing)
- Video reviews and comments
- Each family will take turns shooting short videos at home, sharing and commenting in groups
2. Course exercises, Direct comments
- Practice directly with your child in the center
- The instructor will directly guide and demonstrate
3. Home visits
- Moderated by Behavior Advisor
- It will be arranged at every convenient time for each family
- Behavioral consultants will provide ideas and tips for practice
For children’s growth, the role of parents is very important. Parents’ expectations, requirements, education methods and attitudes directly affect the growth of their children. Autistic children are no exception and are even more infected by parents than normal children. Due to the limitations of their own characteristics, children with autism often fail to actively express their requirements and ideas. It can be said that every action and behavior of them requires parental guidance. Therefore, the mentality of parents of autistic children often determines the future development of the child. The hard-working trial course is aimed at the needs of parents, empowering parents, helping parents to train and train their children at home, working with various professions, doing more with less, and allowing children to make progress.
1. All-round Home Training Class
Lesson 1: Why should I try hard
Lesson 2: Behavioural Rehearsal Instructions
Lesson 3: Helping children to communicate
Lesson 4: Teach your children to take care of themselves
Lesson 5: Focus and Small Muscle Training
Lesson 6: Cognitive and Intelligent Cultivation
Lesson 7: Practice of Individual Teaching
Lesson 8: Step by Step Learning and Socializing
2. Group Tutorial
American psychologist Daniel Goleman believes that knowing emotions is very important to understand oneself, because if you do n’t understand emotions, you will be easily manipulated by emotions, destroying life and affecting relationships with people around you. On the other hand, you can really master the feeling of your life It helps build a harmonious family relationship.
Provide emotional support to parents, promote good communication and support between couples, and help them build the ability to jointly face and care for children with autism spectrum.
- Parental Emotional Relief Group
Each two-hour group session includes short lectures, case discussions, and group discussions to help participants have a better grasp of the group’s content.
Discussion items include couple communication and conflict management; emotional adjustment skills; awareness of one’s emotions and needs by focusing on physical conditions; stress response and response to stress.
- Individual Counseling
For one hour each time, counselor will provide emotional counselling based on the circumstances of individual parents or couples.