Parents are irreplaceable leaders in the growth of their children. If parents can master a set of effective home training, they can build a solid foundation for their children’s rehabilitation. At the same time, parents face the pressure of teaching their children, which is not something we can imagine. Therefore, it is important to help parents share experiences, support each other, and learn to manage emotions.
Three service providers:
The goal of this parent training program is to target the unique role of parents in their children’s lives and focus on teaching parents the skills. Participants will …
- Improve their understanding of the characteristics of children’s development and autism
- Learn to choose what to focus on based on their priorities
- Understand the role and responsibilities of each stakeholder
- Learn different evidence-based strategies through daily life and naturally-occurring situations to support children’s learning and learning in the family and community.
– Increase your attention
– Improve communication skills and social skills
– Improve cognitive ability
– Reduce problem behavior
- Weekly parent training course
- Group Lecture (Theory + Role Playing)
- Video reviews and comments
- Each family will take turns shooting short videos at home, sharing and commenting in groups
2. Course exercises, Direct comments
- Practice directly with your child in the center
- The instructor will directly guide and demonstrate
3. Home visits
- Moderated by Behavior Advisor
- It will be arranged at every convenient time for each family
- Behavioral consultants will provide ideas and tips for practice
A practical and effective course for enhancing children’s communication awareness and ability (especially children with special educational needs), improving parent-child relationship; letting our children listen to our instructions, they are willing to follow a practical and effective course. Parents with children with special needs are more eager to learn it.
The content of the course is based on P.E.T. Parent Effectiveness Training. Children’s awareness, social and emotional development are assisted, allowing parents to get to know their children first, and then use effective knowledge and skills to assist children and guide them to build important learning abilities.
P.E.T. Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T. Parent Effectiveness Training) is currently the world’s premier parenting course. It was founded by Dr. Thomas Gordon, an award-winning psychologist and three Nobel Peace Prize nominees. Since 1962, it has benefited millions of parents in more than 55 countries around the world. P.E.T. provides proven, practical and logical communication skills and problem-solving steps, suitable for parents and children in any region.
Lesson 1: Life is a gift, children’s consciousness development, children’s social and emotional regulation stages
Lesson 2: Distinguish behavior and judgment, and distinguish who is troubled
Lesson 3: Skills to assist children
Lesson 4: Skills for building relationships
Lesson 5: Dealing with unacceptable behavior
Lesson 6: Use my information to express the needs of parents
Lesson 7: Applying the “Third Method” to Resolve Demand Balance
Lesson 8: Recognize and resolve conflicts of values
American psychologist Daniel Goleman believes that knowing emotions is very important to understand oneself, because if you do n’t understand emotions, you will be easily manipulated by emotions, destroying life and affecting relationships with people around you. On the other hand, you can really master the feeling of your life It helps build a harmonious family relationship.
Provide emotional support to parents, promote good communication and support between couples, and help them build the ability to jointly face and care for children with autism spectrum.
- Parental Emotional Relief Group
Each two-hour group session includes short lectures, case discussions, and group discussions to help participants have a better grasp of the group’s content.
Discussion items include couple communication and conflict management; emotional adjustment skills; awareness of one’s emotions and needs by focusing on physical conditions; stress response and response to stress.
- Individual Counseling
For one hour each time, counselor will provide emotional counselling based on the circumstances of individual parents or couples.